May 17, 2018 - 09:03 AM
I've discovered many new things over the past 30+ years as new restaurants, art galleries and other public venues have opened for business.
Many have come and gone, while others have become popular staples in and around the city.
1. Kennywood amusement park - Kennywood is an amusement park located in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. The park first opened as a "trolley park" attraction at the end of the Mellon family's Monongahela Street Railway on May 30, 1899.
4800 Kennywood Blvd, West Mifflin, PA 15122
Click Here To Call 1-412-461-0500
2. Phipps Conservatory - Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is a botanical garden set in Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It is a City of Pittsburgh historic landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is a botanical garden set in Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It is a City of Pittsburgh historic landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
1 Schenley Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Click Here To Call Support 1-412-622-6914
3. Carnegie Science Center - The Carnegie Science Center is one of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its great for family and especially children. It is located across the street from Heinz Field.
1 Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Click Here To Call 1-412-237-3400
4. Carnegie Museum of Art - The Carnegie Museum of Art is located in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is an art museum that was founded in 1895 by the Pittsburgh-based industrialist Andrew Carnegie.
4400 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Click Here To Call 1-412-622-3131
5. Heinz History Center - The Senator John Heinz History Center, an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution and is the largest history museum in the Commonwealth state of Pennsylvania, United States.
1212 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Click Here To Call 1-412-454-6000
6. National Aviary - The National Aviary is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is the only independent indoor nonprofit aviary in the United States. Great place for kids and lots of fun activities.
700 Arch St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Click Here To Call 1-412-323-7235
7. Sandcastle Water Park - Sandcastle is a great water park located in the Pittsburgh suburb of West Homestead. The park is located on a 67-acre piece of land along the shores of the Monongahela River. If you love water rides and fun on a hot summer day, then you definitely must take your family to explore this wet and wild park in a world of its own.
1000 Sandcastle Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15120
Click Here To Call 1-412-462-6666
8. Randyland - Folk artist Randy Gilson's landmark building, filled with vividly colored, upbeat murals & objects.
Live performances and good for kids.
1501 Arch St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Click Here To Call 1-342-8152
9. PNC Park - PNC Park is a baseball park located on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is the fifth home of the Pittsburgh Pirates which is the city's Major League Baseball franchise. Enjoy great food and entertainment during game time and there's lots of great restaurants and shops within walking distance of the park.
115 Federal St, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Click Here To Call 1-412-321-2827
10. Heinz Field - Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field is a stadium located in the North Shore neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
100 Art Rooney Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Click Here To Call 1-412-697-7150
11. PPG paints arena - PPG paints arena is the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins and a great place to see some great concerts throughout the year.
1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Click Here To Call 1-412-642-1800